Spring 2020 update
It’s safe to say we’ve finally reached spring in Winnipeg. We hope you’re enjoying the sunny weather with great books to keep you company. Today, we’re bringing you an assortment of positive book-related news.
Coop the Great goes to Germany!
We’re thrilled to announce that German language rights of Coop the Great have been sold to Little Tiger Verlag. This is our first foreign language translation for our Yellow Dog imprint, which launched in 2018.
“We are thrilled to see Coop The Great travelling across the globe. Coop is certainly an underdog, and the story of him overcoming his doubts is wonderful for young readers to experience. Coop is a very good boy!” — Mel Marginet, publisher
“I’m so glad to see Coop, the little dog that could, travelling the world and into the hands of more readers.” — Larry Verstraete, author of Coop the Great
Digital Book Launch
Anita Daher held a livestream launch for her new book, You Don’t Have to Die in the End in partnership with #CanadaPerforms, an initiative of the National Arts Centre. You can watch a video of the launch on Facebook or YouTube.
CBC Radio Features Great Plains Spring Authors
Each of our Spring 2020 authors were featured on Up to Speed with Ismaila Alfa, discussing and reading from their new books. You can listen to the interviews online here:
- Anita Daher reads from You Don’t Have to Die in the End
- GMB Chomichuk reads from The Automatic Age
- Stéphanie Boulay and Ghislaine LeFranc talk the translation process for Where the Waters Meet
- Lois Braun reads from Peculiar Lessons
Summer Camp Reads
Cedar Dance by Monica Nawrocki was included on this Quill & Quire list – Why we need summer camp books now more than ever
Here are some ways you can support authors during the pandemic:
- Purchase a book from your local independent bookstore.
- Write a review on Goodreads and/or Amazon
- Post about the book on your social media pages
- Share book recommendations with family and friends
- Follow our spring 2020 authors on social media:
Great Plains Publications wouldn’t be here without your support. Thank you!