We’re Hiring a Marketing Director!
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Job Type: Marketing Director, Part Time
Date Posted: June 29, 2021
Application Deadline: July 19, 2021
Start Date: Flexible
Great Plains Publications is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Marketing Director. The Marketing Director will plan and secure publicity for Great Plains titles while developing and maintaining strong relationships with media and supporting our authors. The ideal candidate has enthusiasm for Canadian publishing, is self motivated and able to coordinate numerous tasks and competing priorities while inspiring and supporting a dedicated team.
- Plan and secure publicity for assigned titles each publishing season
- Respond to short notice and day-to-day opportunities to promote Great Plains titles
- Submit books to appropriate review outlets
- Submit books to appropriate award juries
- Create quality press releases and focused media mailing lists for high-profile titles
- Write promotional copy
- Negotiate the running of excerpts with media outlets to ensure optimum timing and exposure
- Gather endorsements and review quotes for each title
- Develop strong working relationships with authors and field their queries
- Meet with authors as needed to outline and discuss publicity plans
- Organize author submissions to national, regional, and local festivals and reading series
- Attend author events and industry functions and festivals (often in the evening or on weekends), assisting as necessary
- Plan and execute social media marketing campaigns.
- Maintain strong relationships with authors, sales teams and colleagues in the publishing industry
- Gather title data for catalogue and online listings
- Work closely with authors and designers on the creation of book covers and jackets
- Grant applications and reports are due throughout the year. The ability to report detailed statistics and information is essential.
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with design software such as Canva and Adobe programs, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiar with social media and traditional marketing strategies
Please note that these duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and that you may be expected to perform other reasonable duties and responsibilities should the need arise.
This position is currently part time, 18 hours a week with a wage of $18 an hour. While attendance for the weekly staff meeting is necessary, the remainder of the weekly hours can be coordinated to suit the schedule of the individual in this position.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.